District honors outstanding educators with Spotlight Awards
Cypress-Fairbanks ISD honored 86 teachers, two paraeducators and two support staff members during the 30th annual Spotlight Awards ceremony on May 4 at the Berry Center.
Spotlight Teachers are selected annually by campus principals for their outstanding dedication in providing valuable instruction to students in CFISD. Each Spotlight Teacher is given recognition for demonstrating one of the following characteristics outlined in the district’s Portrait of a CFISD Teacher:
• Instructional Strategist: A CFISD teacher who thoughtfully designs learning and assessment activities that present content appropriate for students’ age and aptitude and which promote students’ actively thinking about the subject;
• Creator of Student-centered Environment: A CFISD teacher who provides a caring, supportive classroom in which students are workers and doers, comfortable in taking risks to further their learning;
• Positive Role Model: A CFISD teacher who displays the values and norms defined by good citizenship as well as the personal qualities frequently associated with effective, productive lives;
• Lifelong Learner: A CFISD teacher who exemplifies the spirit of continuous improvement through selection of and attitude toward activities which foster personal and professional development; and
• Team Player: A CFISD teacher who cooperates with others for the group’s benefit, striving to solve problems by analyzing all pertinent data, listening to and valuing others’ viewpoints and actively seeking consensus.
Spotlight paraeducators and support staff recipients are also selected each year by supervisors for their outstanding dedication through their notable work on campus.
Portraits of the 2014-2015 Spotlight recipients will be hung in the hallway at the Instructional Support Center (10300 Jones Road) for one year.
Please see the full list of names here.